Luxury on Land and at Sea 10 Days/9 Nights $4,860 pp
Luxury on Land and at Sea
10 Days/9 Nights $4,860 pp
Day by Day
Day 1 – Wednesday
Welcome to Quito and Ecuador! At the airport you will be greeted by a member of our staff who will escort you all the way to your hotel, giving you a short briefing on Quito and the country in general with valuable information you need to know at first hand. Private Service with guide and driver, baggage handling of two pieces of luggage per person at hotel and at airport.
Hotel Patio Andaluz in Quito (standard room)
Day 2 – Thursday
Quito’s colonial quarter, the largest and best preserved of South America, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We will stroll at the Independence Plaza, flanked by the Cathedral, the Presidential Palace, the Municipal Building and the Archbishop’s Palace. We will visit the temple of La Compañia de Jesús and its awesome gilded interior. We will continue on to the Monastery of San Francisco, one the of great religious buildings of the New World; its impressive façade and atrium that lead to its Baroque interior influenced by Moorish style, with the winged Virgin of Quito at its main altar. The tour ends at a lookout point with a great view of Quito.
Hotel Patio Andaluz in Quito (standard room)
Day 3 to 5 – Friday to Sunday
The adventure begins in Ecuador’s heritage capital, Quito, at our 8 AM pick-up time for guests staying in Quito’s main hotels (time will be confirmed by our Operations Department). Mashpi Reserve, a 1,300 hectare (3,200 acres) conservation property located within the Metropolitan District of Quito, forms a part of the Ecuadorian Choco rainforest, known as one of the world’s greatest biodiversity hotspots. The sudden shift in altitude (from 2800 masl to 1000 masl) will allow us to discover the spectacular natural diversity of the Andean landscape as we travel through the dry valley of Pomasqui towards the cordillera’s western flank, into lush, misty cloud forest, and finally reach Mashpi. On our way to Mashpi, we visit the archaeological ruins at Tulipe, said to have belonged to the ancient Yumbo civilization of pre-Inca Quito, set in a magical forested location. We’ll taste delicious Ecuadorian appetizers and fresh-brewed coffee prepared by members of the local community before our final one-hour descent into Mashpi Reserve.
Mashpi Lodge Program (Wayra Twin/Double Room)
Day 6 – Monday
Transfer out Quito Airport to take your Galapagos flight
Day 6 to 10 – Monday to Friday
Yacht Isabela 5 Days/4 Nights (Classic Twin Cabin)
We’re delighted to have you on board for this unparalleled 5-day journey of discovery to some of Galapagos’ most beautiful islands. Our itinerary begins on Santa Cruz Island, the most populous in the archipelago, where we explore the lush vegetation of the highlands before venturing down to the world-famous Charles Darwin Research Station to meet giant tortoises face to face. After a day of exploring, we sail to a stunning anchorage at Santa Fe Island for our visit to this sandy white beach with many sea lion harems, a wonderful spot for our first snorkel, kayak or ride aboard our glass-bottom boat. In the afternoon, we disembark amid the waters of South Plaza Island, with its yellow-gray land iguanas munching cactus fruits, and a coastline where we find sea lion colonies and dozens of sea birds. A favourite among many visitors, North Seymour Island offers an enjoyable walk along the coast and the interior of this island, observing numerous bird colonies as well as sea lions and marine iguanas. Later, we disembark on the north shore of Santa Cruz Island at the glorious white beach of Las Bachas, great for a swim or snorkel. Thursday’s expedition starts at Bartolome Island, with its unbeatable volcanic viewpoint, golden-sandy beach and excellent wildlife exploration for snorkelers or glass-bottom boat passengers. Then, we land at the white coral sand beach of Sullivan Bay, ideal for swimming or snorkelling, and walk across a dramatic lava field. End your journey at Baltra airport.
- Quito airport is located about one and half hours from Quito depending on traffic conditions, please make sure you do not leave anything behind.
- Hotel Patio Andaluz in Quito for two nights: located in the heart of the historic old town of Quito, declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1978. Patio Andaluz is surrounded by beautiful churches decorated in gold, museums and national monuments. This boutique hotel is an official National Treasure and holds centuries of history within its walls. Historic figures, presidents and thinkers have passed through its patios and corridors. Enjoy the elegance and comfort that the Patio Andaluz provides, with its great arches, balconies and attics. Experience the colonial times through the halls that have witnessed Ecuadorian history since the end of the XVI century.
Package price: $ 4,860 pp
- Transfers in/out Quito. American Breakfast at Patio Andaluz in Quito.
- Isabela Yacht: Accommodations, all meals, island sightseeing, naturalist guides and lecture services in English/Spanish only, snorkelling gear, internet*, luggage handling, medical care on board (but not the cost of medication), taxes and transfers in the islands.
- Shared transfers from main hotels in Quito (Casa Gangotena, Hilton Colon, Sheraton, Marriott, Dann Carlton) and in Guayaquil (Hilton Colon, Oro Verde, Sheraton, Wyndham) to airport for flights to / from Galapagos are included in these rates. To coordinate these transfers we must have guest’s hotel contact.
- Air Ticket Quito-Galapagos-Quito
- Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee*
- Migration Control Card*
- Wet Suits available for rent, NET rate US$ 17 + VAT per guest for 5-day expeditions
- Fuel surcharge
- Alcoholic** and non alcoholic beverages, gratuities, laundry or valet services, gifts and additional items.
– Accommodation in double/twin room
– Price per person based on twin/double standard occupancy
– Hotels subject to availability (or similar standard)
– $ 500 pp nonrefundable deposit
– Not applicable with other promotions
– Restrictions apply
– Exclusively for direct customers
– For travel agencies or tour operator rates, please contact us
Galapagos travel experts
Travel agents and Tour operators: +18883105745
USA Travel agents support line: +59322988320
Toll free US Tour operator line: +18007739048