About Yacht Isabela II Galapagos Expedition
An intimate encounter with the Galapagos Islands
Top 5 Reasons to Cruise Isabela II Yacht Galapagos Tours
1. World-class expeditions
- Expert itineraries: Designed to allow guests to see as many of the Galapagos’ Big 15 animal species as possible
- Best itinerary for sensitive guests: The 4-night central islands on Yacht Isabela II cruise shows the best of the islands while avoiding long open water travel
- Small groups: Average of 11 guests per guide on island expeditions
- On-board expedition leader: Constant monitoring of island and sea conditions to ensure the best possible adventure experience.
- Aquatic activities: Glass-bottom boat, kayaks, snorkelling, swimming, and panga–based coastal exploration
- On-board learning: State-of-the-art technology for multimedia presentations and natural history lectures as well as a traditional library
2. Luxury cruising and generous accommodations
- Intimate Galapagos experience: Only 20 cabins and a well-defined expedition culture
- Soothing interior design: Upgraded in 2014 and 2016 to create a tranquil, stylish and sophisticated ambience
- Privacy: A top 10 guest-space ratio (26:1) amongst Galapagos vessels
- Ample public spaces: A sun deck for daytime landscape observation, dining al fresco or equatorial stargazing at night, a hot tub, cardio-gym, and an inviting indoor lounge for socializing and natural history lectures
- Well-appointed cabins: Everything you need to be comfortable including natural light in all cabins, plush beds, generous storage space and traditional decor
- Available for private charters: Great for family reunions, special occasions, anniversaries, corporate events, etc.
3. Service and gastronomy
- Top service: A guest/crew ratio of 3:2 with an experienced, tightly-honed crew
- Indulgences: Our highly trained staff will surprise you with unexpected details that elevate your enjoyment.
- Fine dining: Gourmet meals designed by a Cordon Bleu-trained gastronomy director
- Special dietary needs: we can accommodate special dietary needs including vegetarian, lactose-free, gluten-free, and allergies. Just let us know in advance.
4. Safety and technology
- Health care: A 24/7 Medical Officer (M.D.) on board and a well-equipped infirmary
- Certifications: For passenger and crew safety, our vessel is fully compliant with all IMO, MARPOL, and SOLAS guidelines.
- Highly experienced captains: Internationally accredited by the Ecuadorian Merchant Marine with decades of experience navigating the archipelago and its reefs
- Environmentally responsible: Modern engine technology for lower fuel consumption, on-board water production (desalination plant) and water treatment plant to reduce each guest’s environmental impact and special lights designed to reduce insect attraction and its related accidental dispersal
5. 60+ years of experience and social responsibility
- Industry leaders: Only tourism company in Ecuador’s top 500 list of companies
- Pioneers: First tour operator to offer cruises in Galapagos
- Owners/Operators: We take pride in our investments in Galapagos travel options
- Sustainable cruise technology: For a reduced environmental footprint
- We give back: Long-standing social and environmental programs support the local community and aim to reduce tourism’s impact while increasing its benefits
About Isabela II
Yacht Isabela II offers the perfect, intimate space for exploring Darwin’s islands in comfort. Traditionalists will enjoy feeling at home with a crew that has remained almost unchanged for years, leading to seamless attention to detail that will make your stay extra special.
With just 20 guest cabins, the yacht’s convivial atmosphere leads to a close-up experience of this unique world. On board, guests find delicious cuisine, faultless service and excellent facilities, including a Hot tub, fitness room, bar and outside deck for al fresco meals, drinks, and sunbathing.
As on all our vessels, your groups can expect top facilities and equipment, delicious meals, and safe and stimulating expert-planned expeditions on the islands. Scout the island sites for Big 15 wildlife in groups that average no more than 11-14 guests per naturalist guide. This average improves on the National Park standard, which permits up to 16 guests per guide. Explore the coast with your guides on our pangas, glass-bottom boat or kayaks, or get wet and snorkel.
Yacht Isabela II services
- Bar – Lounge
- Boutique/Gift Shop
- Reading Room & Natural History Library
- PA System
- Multimedia natural history lectures
- Stargazing Program
- Digital camera and underwater housing
- Glass bottom boat
- Hot tub
- Business Centre
- Air conditioned throughout
- Safety boxes
- Hair dryers
- Wet suits (available for rent)
- Snorkelling equipment
- Sea Kayaks
- Radio, telephone, E-mail, and Fax communications
More information about Yacht Isabela II
We firmly believe in treading lightly in the pristine environment of the Galapagos Islands and have pioneered various social responsibility projects in the archipelago since the 1960s. On board our Yacht Isabela II, we have implemented the following best practices:
- Electronically-controlled injection electricity generators.
- Water-treatment plant for sewage water.
- 4-stroke outboard motors.
- Special outdoor deck lights to decrease inter-island insect dispersal.
- Solid waste & inorganic refuse classification and recycling.
- Burned oils and by-products: shipped back to the mainland aboard on our own cargo ship.
- Maintenance: preventive environmental action as opposed to corrective environmental action.
- Hull paint: we use environmentally-friendly tin-free paints.
- Food & Beverage
- – Organic Refuse & Garbage: we carefully separate organic refuse from other materials and then liquefy all these organic materials and dispose of just liquids in National Park-designated areas.
- – Local Purchases: we support local production in the islands by purchasing various types of vegetables, fruits, meats and other supplies. This business practice supports local farmers and eliminates the need of shipping fresh produced from the mainland, while effectively decreasing the risk of accidental introductions of harmful species in to the Galapagos’ environment.
- – Water Bottles: for our guests’ consumption of water, we encourage guests to use our refill stations in public areas. The use of fewer water bottles produces less solid waste.
- Housekeeping Department / Cabins / Public Areas
- – Towels & Linen: onboard campaign for reduction of towel use and linen change, without sacrificing upscale standards.
- – Amenity products include biodegradable toiletries, and environmentally-friendly components.
- – Cleaning Agents: all our cleaning products will be either biodegradable or will include environmentally-friendly components.
- – All empty containers will be either reused or recycled.
- – Faucet Fixtures: fixtures include built-in aerators for efficiency in water consumption.
- – Indoor Lighting: energy efficient lighting systems are used throughout our vessels.
- – Outdoor lighting: use of light bulbs which preclude unwanted insect dispersal.
- – Anti-insect film installed on all windows on all vessels.
- 1 Small backpack (waterproof)
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Sneakers with rubber soles
- Long pants
- Long and Short sleeved shirts
- Wind breaker
- Bathing suit – wetsuit (available for rent)
- Hat or cap
- Toilette kit (biodegradable shampoo please)
- Sun block
- Camera & camcorder
- Any medicine you may be taking
- Book/ Notebook
- Construction: 1979
- Renovation: 2014
- Category: Deluxe
- Gross Tonnage: 1,025 tons.
- Type of Vessel: Expedition Yacht
- Capacity: 40 guests / 20 cabins
- Length: 55.94 m (183 ft)
- Beam: 11.58 m (38 ft)
- Speed: 10 knots
- Electricity: 110 – 220 V / 60 Hz
- Engines: 2 CUMMINS, KTA-38-M1, 1000 HP
- Navigation Equipment: Radar ARPA, Radar, Satellite Compass, Magnetic Compass, Automatic Pilot, Echosonar, 2 GPS, AIS
- Fire Detector: Installed throughout the ship
- Life Jackets: In each cabin
- Life Rafts: Eight (total capacity for 145 persons)
- Owner: ETICA / Metropolitan Touring
- Decks: 3 (Boat deck, Cabin deck, Main deck)
- Naturalist Guides: 3 (includes Expedition Leader)
- Crew: 26
- Passenger/Crew Ratio: 3:2
- Medical Officer: Permanently on board
- Safety Certificates: SOLAS 74, ISM, ISPS, MARPOL
Yacht Isabela II Galapagos islands tours itineraries